On this page, you’ll find all the information about what data we collect about our visitors and customers and how that data is used. We’ve described everything as clearly and concisely as possible and avoid legalese as much as possible, so that you can make sense of all this without needing a law degree.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
If there is anything in this policy that you do not agree with, please do not continue to access, browse or use this website.
Who We are
Company name : Kids Haven
Company registration number : 2000/008607/08
Company Address : 38 Cranbourne Avenue, , Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa.
Contact Number : 0114214222
Information Officer email address : email@example.com
What Data We Collect
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site, your IP address.
Kids Haven supports and respects a person’s right to privacy and to the careful management of any personal information that Kids Haven is required to collect in order to provide products and services.
We will do all that is reasonable to ensure your personal information is kept secure and up to date. However, we are unable to guarantee that your personal information will be 100% secure.
How we use your data
- performing and providing the services of Kids Haven
- informing you of changes made to our Web site
- sending you a information, newsletters and forms requested by you
- providing you with support and requested information
- improving our service to you by analysing it for trends
- sending you marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to other solutions you might be interested in. You can unsubscribe from our communications at any time and thereafter we will not market to you
- For security, administrative and legal purposes
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Cookies and similar technologies help us to:
- Personalise the website to your requirements
- Avoid asking you to register or complete details twice
- Estimate the number of visitors to our site, including the source and patterns relating to this traffic
- Understand how visitors use the site, and how we can enhance this experience
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, for example by telling us if you have opened an email we have sent you
- Display relevant advertising to you when you visit other websites
You are able to set your devices to accept all cookies, to choose the types of cookies you accept, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. For instructions on how to do this visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Data we Collect in More Detail
We’ve broken this down into sections to make it easy to understand what data we collect:-
- As a visitor
- Signing up to our newsletter
- Making a cash donation
- Signing up for a monthly debit order donation
- As a Visitor
You’re a “visitor” if you browse our website but don’t submit any personal information about yourself.
For example, if you visit this website and take a look through our content, our pages and knowledge base without signing up for anything, then you’re a visitor. As a visitor, the website uses several third party services that act in order to provide you with a better experience and allow us to optimize our content.
The following third parties have limited access to some of your data:-
- We use Google analytics to gain an overview of how our site is being used, how to improve user experience, what content to create and similar decisions all focused on improving the experience for our visitors.
- We may integrate Google Analytics with Google Adwords so that we can measure the performance of our paid advertisements.
- We may use Facebook conversion tracking to understand how our Facebook ads are performing.
- Social sharing tools
- Some of the content on the site includes social sharing widgets to quickly allow you to share content with your network. Some of these services gather data about you, if you are logged in to these social networks while visiting our website. Please see the privacy policies of the social networks for further information.
- Signing Up to Our Mailing List
On this site, we display various forms that allow you to sign up to our mailing list. When you sign up through one of our forms, we’ll commonly ask you for the following data:-
- Email address
We store this data on our site for the following reasons:-
- Compliance – to keep a record of where our leads came from
- Testing – to optimize and improve the newsletter sign up forms that we display
- Relevance – we try not to show a form that you’ve already signed up for
The data that you submit is also added to a third party service called https://in-contact.org/ .This is a CRM system that we use to send email communications to you and to store your data as a donor or supporter of Kids Haven; and to https://app.simpletosign.co.za/ if you should complete a form to commit to a monthly cash donation. These monthly cash donation forms are submitted by Kids Haven to https://clientele.co.za/ , a licensed financial service provider (FSP 15268) who stores the data required to complete the financial transaction.
3. Making a Donation to us
When making a donation to Kids Haven, we may collect the following data:-
- First name
- Last name
- IP address
- Email address
- Billing address
- Country of residence
- Post code
- Bank details
Any payments made on our Website are processed by our partner payment gateways. Your credit card details are encrypted and stored with the payment gateway and so these details are not visible or available to Kids Haven or the staff of Kids Haven. If you have a query please contact the payment gateway directly. The Kids Haven payment gateway is https://www.payfast.co.za/ .
Please note that this data is captured when you submit a donation on our checkout page.
This data is required for the following reasons:-
- Integration with our payment processor – we collect address personal data such as your name, email and address to integrate with our payment processor (the service we use to collect payments)
- Newsletter Subscriber – In order to give you ongoing information, including your tax receipt, regarding your donation to Kids Haven, we need to create an account using your name and email address.
We also send your name, email address and product tag to our CRM service provider called https://in-contact.org/ and https://app.simpletosign.co.za/ (monthly debit order donors only). This allows us to send you emails about Kids Haven and any other information related to the donation that you have made. These emails are designed to improve your experience with Kids Haven but you can opt out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive.
Who has access to your data
Your personal information will be available only to those Kids Haven employees, consultants or representatives that are required to provide the goods or services that you have requested. These individuals are trained in the requirements of the act and there are signed agreements or policies in place.
Your Right to Modify Your Data
You have the right to modify personal data that we hold about you. You can modify your data by contacting us via our contact page and request any changes.
If you’re having difficulties updating your data, let our support team know and we’ll make the change for you.
Your Right to View Your Data
You have the right to see the data that we store about you. To request a file containing all your data, let us know by contacting via our contact page. We will reply to your request within 24 hours and will provide you with a file to your email address as soon as we’ve gathered the data. The data will be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format for portability.
Your Right to Have your Data Deleted
You have the right to request that we delete data that we store about you.
If you would like to stop receiving our email newsletter then you can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails or click on the “remove from database” link which will remove your details entirely from our database. This will unsubscribe you from any future communications. If, for some reason, this doesn’t work then let us know and we’ll remove you manually.
We can also delete all of your data from all systems that we own and operate. This includes all of the above. Please note that If you’ve made a donation to us we are obliged to keep a record of the donation for our auditors. This will mean keeping a record of your address and contact details and donation details. We do this to fulfil our obligations to the tax authorities and remain compliant.
- We don’t sell your data to any company for further processing, marketing, profiling or any other reason
- We integrate with certain third party services for the purpose of improving the overall user experience and to optimize certain business processes.
- Any data we hold about you, we do so for necessary and legitimate business reasons
- You can request to view, modify and delete any data that we hold about you.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any concerns or questions about anything in this policy, then let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you shortly.