Will you join us this Mandela Day 2022?
We are excited to welcome you into our home – it has been far too long…
There are many ways to get involved here at the home or with our community partners:
Bring your donation of tinned food or second hand clothing
Play games with the children
Sort and fold donated clothing
Create and paint a unique wall panel design
Paint a school classroom in our community
Improve the playground equipment
Plant winter seedlings in our garden or in community gardens
Create a little library in the community with your donation of books
Serve in the soup kitchen
Download our invitation with all our details: Kids Haven Mandela Day Invite 2022 FINAL
If You cannot join us at our place, please consider this: I can still support you with my donation
- Plan to upgrade our small gym at the Village – it is a single garage that needs a paint refresh and reorganization of the donated equipment that we have. Your small group could do this.
2. You can also clean up and paint the inside walls on two sides of the new playground –slogans, graffiti and murals could be fun. This is all outdoors and as Covid-friendly as it can be. Create a simple design, bring along the coloured paints in small quantities and leave a legacy for the children.
3. Use your 67 minutes to clear out your cupboard of clothes that you no longer need. Bring them to Kids Haven and help us to sort the clothing into age groups and sizes. We need children’s and adults’ clothing.
4. We want to help a local school refresh their classrooms – they need a new coat of paint. This would suit a bigger group who also has the available budget to bring along the paint and spend the day painting and making a long-lasting difference to the children in the Mogoba community near Kids Haven
5. Serve in the soup kitchen on the day – or bring along your canned food and healthy fruit and vegetables to stock up our pantry and create food parcels for families who are struggling right now.
6. Come and spend time with the children – it is the last day of the school holidays and we would love to play some games and have fun in the winter sun. We can also arrange for our nursery school children to join you at the Benoni Bunny Park for a special outing – we would love it if you can supply some treats for the 38 children in this group.
You can get involved by volunteering, donating money or second hand goods.
If you think your company could help make a difference please contact us.