This 18 July we’ll once again celebrate Mandela Day, a day where people around the world
are encouraged to spend at least 67 minutes doing something positive for their communities.
Nelson Mandela gave South Africans the gift of change; and to honour his legacy,
people and organisations across the country use Mandela Day to take action.
Through Madiba we learned that each individual has the power to transform the world,
and the ability to make a significant impact.
Our much loved Madiba would have turned 101 years old this year.
We invite you to celebrate Mandela Day with Kids Haven by participating in one of our activities.
Now it’s YOUR turn to make a difference – Do It For Madiba!
See below some of the ways you can help Kids Haven change the world for a child this Mandela Day.
- Spend 67 minutes reading to or playing with our pre-school children.
- Make a special lunch and come and have a meal with our children.
- Bake biscuits and wrap individually for lunch box treats.
- Join us at the centre to cover school books for the children.
- Host a movie and popcorn for our children at the centre.
- Bring a group of people to help us make educational games for the children. We have the plans and materials.
- Help us build a money mile with R5 coins – bring lots of coins!
- Paint rooms within our children’s village in Benoni.
- Adopt one of our 67 squares. Fill it with much needed items such as food, clothing, blankets, toys, books, bars of soap, sports equipment, school socks, book covers, and plastic to cover school books. You may adopt a square at our Benoni or Bryanston offices.
- Pledge R101 in celebration of Madiba’s birthday – (R101 = cost of one nice breakfast and coffee) https://www.payfast.co.za/donate/go/kidshaven
- Sign up for a monthly donation – for example R67 a month.
If you have any other fabulous ideas on how you can help Kids Haven on Mandela Day we would love to hear from you.
For queries and bookings contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +27 (0) 11 706 7959